The Manitoba Runners’ Association (MRA) is proud to sponsor a Youth Running Series for runners 16 years of age and under. The emphasis of this Series is to introduce and encourage participation in the sport of road-running for health, fun and friendship.
This series consists of races with distances of 5k and under that take place between April and October. Age is calculated as of January 1st. An MRA Junior or Student Membership is required to participate in the series at a cost of $15.00 for the year. Family members are also eligible. A school can become a member for as little as $40.00 (every child at the school is then considered a member of the MRA once they fill out a membership form).
Qualifying for the MRA Youth Series awards is easy! Be 16 years of age and under, become an MRA Member and run a minimum of only 3 races! Please don’t forget to visit the MRA table at all participating races to check in before you run.
Each Youth Series Member is placed in a participation level based on the number of races run and is awarded a prize for each level at the Year-End Awards Banquet based on the following qualifications;
Bronze: run 3 races minimum
Silver: run 6 races minimum
Gold: run 9 races minimum
Youth Series members aged 11-16 can also earn competitive points according to the table below. Any distance on the Youth Race Series Calendar is included. Points earned will be accumulated to determine the top three winners (male & female) in each of 3 age categories, who will be recognized for their achievement at the Year-End Awards Banquet. Although no prizes are awarded, members 10 years of age and under can keep track of their points for personal achievement.
Place Points Place Points
1 300 11 195 Age Groups:
2 285 12 185 11/12
3 275 13 175 13/14
4 265 14 165 15/16
5 255 15 155
6 245 16 154
7 235 17 153
8 225 18 152
9 215 19 151
10 205 20 150 Points will continue to decrease by 1
Youth Series! Running for life!
Printable calendar: 2019 MRA Youth Race Series Calendar
2019 MRA Youth Race Series events:
1. April 7, 2019 - Patrick Riddell April Run Series #1 - 2k or 5k
2. April 14, 2019 - Patrick Riddell April Run Series #2 - 2k or 5k
3. April 21, 2019 - Patrick Riddell April Run Series #3 - 2k or 5k
4. April 28, 2019 - Lace Up for Diabetes - 3k or 5k
5. May 11, 2019 - Physio Fit Run - 3k or 5k
6. May 25, 2019 - Headingley Fire Dept Run for Wishes - 3k or 5k
7. June 1, 2019 - Frontrunners Pride Run - 3k or 5k
8. July 1, 2019 - East St Paul Canada Day Super Run - 3k or 5k
9. July 3, 2019 - MRA Family Ice Cream Run #1 - 1k or 2.2k
10. August 7, 2019 - MRA Family Ice Cream Run #2 - 1k or 2.2k
11. September 14, 2019 - Point Douglas Run - 2.5k or 5k
12. September 21, 2019 - Abas Auto Stony Mountain Run - 3k or 5k
13. September 29, 2019 - Ted's Run for Literacy - 2k or 5k
14. October 6, 2019 - Run 4 Your Cause - 3.3k or 5k (Awesome Twosome or Individual)
15. October 13, 2019 - Run Sage Creek - 1k or 5k
16. October 27, 2019 - MEC Winnipeg Race Three "Spooky Dash" - 3k or 5k
The MRA Results Archive from 2016 and past is currently under maintenance while our database system is updated. We apologize for any inconvenience. Should you have any questions please contact our administrative offices during regular hours of operation or email the MRA email@example.com