MRA Classic Race Series
Presented by Running Room Canada Inc.
The MRA Classic Race Series is a series of MRA sanctioned events run on courses certified accurate by Athletics Canada. Distances vary from 5k-Full Marathon and are timed by an MRA-approved timer. The emphasis of this series is to encourage friendly competition among runners 16 years of age and older (age calculated as of January 1st).
Points are earned based on placings compared to other MRA members at the races in the series and are used to calculate the top three runners (male and female) in each five year age category. These winners are awarded for their achievement at the annual MRA Awards Banquet in November.
An MRA membership is required to take part in the series. A minimum of 5 races are needed to qualify for an award, with the points in your best 10 races to be used for the final calculations. The point system is as follows:
Place Points Place Points
1 300 11 195
2 285 12 185
3 275 13 175
4 265 14 165
5 255 15 155
6 245 16 154
7 235 17 153
8 225 18 152
9 215 19 151
10 205 20 150
Points will continue to decrease by 1
Age Groups (Male & Female):
16-19 40-44 65-69
20-24 45-49 70-74
25-29 50-54 75-79
30-34 55-59 80+
Printable Calendar – MRA Classic Race Series Calendar FINAL VERSION – updated September 10, 2020
MRA Classic Race Series 2020
There are no upcoming events at this time
Due to many of the events in the Classic Race Series being cancelled or postponed, we have made a few changes to the way that points can be earned. Any sanctioned event in the Series that offers a virtual option of the original distance chosen for the Series will still be included in the Series. Please enter a target or goal distance into your app (if possible) that corresponds to the distance of the event in the Series in order to ensure that it will give you a time for that distance.
Follow the instructions on the event page to record your results. We are still working out the details of how the points will be allocated but rest assured that we will record your run.
**Please visit the event page for more information about registration and recording your run**
2020 MRA Classic Race Series events
1. Headingley Fire Dept Run for Wishes – 5k **VIRTUAL EVENT MAY 1-31**
2. Run 4 Your Cause – 5k **VIRTUAL EVENT JUNE 6-30**
3. Canada Day Super Run – 5k **VIRTUAL EVENT JULY 1-7**
4. MRA Ice Cream Run #1 – 10k **VIRTUAL EVENT JULY 8-22**
5. Islendingadagurinn Run – 10 mile **VIRTUAL EVENT JULY 19 – AUGUST 2**
6. MRA Ice Cream Run #2 – 10k **VIRTUAL EVENT AUGUST 5-19**
7. Treherne Run for the Hills – Half Marathon **VIRTUAL EVENT SEPTEMBER 1-30**
8. Winnipeg Pride Run – 5k **VIRTUAL EVENT SEPTEMBER 7-11**
9. Point Douglas Run – 10k **VIRTUAL EVENT SEPTEMBER 12-OCTOBER 17**
10. Winnipeg 10&10 – 10k **VIRTUAL EVENT SEPTEMBER 13-28**
11. Run2Believe – 5k **VIRTUAL EVENT SEPTEMBER 15-26**
12. Abas Auto Stony Mountain Run – 10k **VIRTUAL EVENT SEP 26-OCT 12**
13. Winkler Thanks for Giving Run – Half Marathon **VIRTUAL EVENT SEP 25-OCT 12**
14. Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Run – Half Marathon **VIRTUAL EVENT OCTOBER 1-31**
15. Manitoba Marathon – Full Marathon **VIRTUAL EVENT OCTOBER 11-NOVEMBER 11**
Please note that the total points earned in the Classic Race Series is based on your 10 Best Races. If you have done more than 10 I have removed the lowest point scores from your total (those in RED). Therefore the highest achievable score is 3000 points (10 races x 300).
The MRA Results Archive from 2016 and past is currently under maintenance while our database system is updated. We apologize for any inconvenience. Should you have any questions please contact our administrative offices during regular hours of operation or email the MRA firstname.lastname@example.org