- This event has passed.
Virtual Run 4 Your Cause 2020
June 6 - June 30
3K, 5K, 10K or 5K Awesome Twosome Virtual Run/Walk
MRA Classic Race Series: 5k or 5k Awesome Twosome-results will be recorded automatically
MRA Youth Race Series: 3k or 5k or 5k Awesome Twosome-results will be recorded automatically
Location: Anywhere in the World!
Results from Regular and Fundraiser registrations qualify for Run 150 as an extra virtual run for the month. Results will be recorded automatically. Click here for more information and to access the free registration for Run 150.
A HUGE SHOUT OUT to our Manitoba Runners’ Association members for being so supportive, even when all our Spring MRA Sanctioned Events have been canceled or postponed! It has been a challenging season for the entire world, but you keep running and encouraging others to experience both the physical and mental health benefits that running has to offer. Keep it up! As a token of our thanks, MRA members can claim a $5 discount off of our our NEW Virtual R4YC 2020. MRA Membership information
Here’s how the NEW VIRTUAL R4YC 2020 works:
- You register for a Virtual Run/Walk
(Choose from 3K, 5K, 10K or the 5K Awesome Twosome).
- Choose your Cause from our list of partners and Fundraise if you’re able.
- You will receive an email from Runkeeper, inviting you to use their App. This is optional, you can use whatever tracking system you’re comfortable with.
- We will start sending out the medals the end of May.
- We will accept results for Run/Walks that start after 7am on Saturday June 6 (our Virtual Start Line) and are completed in time to be posted by midnight June 30 (our Virtual Finish Line).
- At the end of your Run/Walk, take a screen shot of your results and a picture of you wearing your medal.
- Sign in to Race Roster, enter your time and send your screen shot.
- Your individual results will be posted automatically and we will add the Awesome Twosome Results on the MRA site.
- Share your picture, Congratulations!
Please NOTE: We have 500 unique, up-cycled Finisher Medals that were purchased following fair trade principles. These medals were created by a Haitian artist who uses scrap metal and are made entirely by hand. To receive a medal, be one of the first 500 paid registrants or Fundraisers who have successfully raised a minimum of $100 in donations.
The following are our 2020 Partner Causes:
- ActionMarguerite: Green Growers
- Hand in Hand with Haiti: a project of EMAS Canada
- Manitoba Branch of the Canadian Hemophilia Society
- RCMDB: Research Centre for MBs who are Deaf & Blind
- REACH: Research, Education & Awareness for Children with Hirschsprung Disease
- Winnipeg Lost Dog Alert
Our Causes need help more than ever, so if you’re able, consider being a Fundraiser.
FUNDRAISERS register for FREE and need to raise $100 minimum by May 18, 2020. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a Donation Summary Sheet.
OR there is the Regular registration process for $15 (MRA members can claim a $5 discount) plus a minimum donation of $15 to support a partnering Cause for a total of $30 (all taxes, processing and admin fees included).
Race Roster will send your donation directly to the Cause and email you an income tax receipt immediately (if they are a registered charity).
AND we have added a 3rd way to register. For a lot of people finances are tough right now, if that’s you, register as a SUPPORTER. This is a Medal-less option, which is not included in RUN 150: it’s FREE to register with no minimum donation required.
I hope you choose to register with Virtual R4YC 2020. It is a very challenging time, but this is something WE ARE ALLOWED TO DO and our Causes could all use your support.
Let’s engage in Social Solidarity while practicing Physical Distancing!
Contact: Krista Waring: email@example.com