The Manitoba Runners’ Association (MRA) is proud to sponsor a Youth Running Series for runners 16 years and under. Age will be effective January 1st, 2017. The emphasis of this Series is to introduce and encourage participation in the sport of road-running for health, fun and friendship.
As we enter our fifth season with the Youth Series we look forward to seeing many new faces in 2017.
This year the series consists of 17 races with distances of 1km-5km which will take place from April to October. The Youth Series Race Calendar can be found on the website at: http://mraweb.ca/14_MasterYouthRaceSeries.htm
MRA Youth Membership is required to participate in the series at a cost of $15.00 for the year or a school can become a member for as little as $40.00 (every child at the school is then considered a member of the MRA).
Qualifying for the MRA Youth Series awards is easy!
Be 16 years of age and under, become a Youth Series Member and run a minimum of only 3 races! Please don’t forget to visit the MRA table at all participating races to check in before you run.
Points earned will be accumulated to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings for Youth Series members aged 11-16 and are awarded at the Year-End Awards Dinner. Members 10 and under can keep track of their points for personal achievement.
Age Categories are as follows: 10 and under, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16 for both Boys and Girls.
Each Youth Series Member is also placed in a participation level based on the number of races run and are awarded a medal and a prize for each level at the Year-End Awards Dinner based on the following qualifications;
Level 1: run 3 races minimum Level 2: run 6 races minimum Level 3: run 9 races minimum
Youth Series! Running for life!
2017 MRA Youth Series races:
1. April 9, 2017 - Tri MB April Run Series #1 - 2k or 5k
2. April 23, 2017 - Tri MB April Run Series #2 - 2k or 5k
3. April 29, 2017 - Go for the Burn Run - 3k or 5k
4. April 30, 2017 - Tri MB April Run Series #3 - 2k or 5k
5. May 6, 2017 - Run at the Ridge - 2k or 5k
6. May 13, 2017 - Physio Fit Run - 1k, 3k or 5k
7. May 27, 2017 - Headingley Fire Dept Run for Wishes - 3k or 5k
8. June 4, 2017 - Commit to Get Fit Run - 5k
9. July 1, 2017 - East St Paul Canada Day "Super" Run - 3k or 5k
10. July 5, 2017 - Family Ice Cream Run #1 - 2.2k or 1k
11. August 2, 2017 - Family Ice Cream Run #2 - 2.2k or 1k
12. August 27, 2017 - Run 4 Your Cause - 3.3k or 5k
13. September 16, 2017 - Point Douglas Run - 5k
14. September 23, 2017 - Abas Auto Stony Mountain Run - 3k or 5k
15. September 24, 2017 - Teds' Run for Literacy - 2k or 5k
16. October 1, 2017 - Linden Woods Fall Classic - 5k or Mighty Mile
17. October 29, 2017 - MEC Winnipeg #5 "Spooky Dash" - 3k or 5k
Youth Track Clubs - Athletics Manitoba